Congenital heart defect
To date, congenital heart defect has an absolutely not negligible prevalence (about 9/1000 newborns).
Over time, an increasingly careful fetal screening and cardiology and heart surgery progress allowed:
- a decreased rates of severe congenital heart defect,
- an increased prevalence of infants with congenital heart defect able to grow properly and become adults.
These patients need a specialized ambulatory center that adequately follows them during the pediatric phase, the growth phase and later in adulthood.
ProKardia, through a specialized team, offers an adequate assistance in:
- Neonatal and pediatric screening
- Therapeutic management of different life phases
- Personalized monitoring based on the physiological complexity of the congenital heart defect
Reference: CHD e ACHD European Heart Journal (2020) 00, 1-83