Angiology - Vascular surgery examination
Angiology - Vascular surgery examination is a medical examination in which a vascular surgeon assesses the vascular system health.
This examination has a fundamental role in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the main circulatory and lymphatic systems disorders:
- arterial system disorders: atherosclerosis, aneurysms, vasculitis, vasospasms, arterial embolisms
- venous system disorders: varicose veins, telangiectasias, deep and superficial vein thrombosis
- lymphatic system disorders: primitive (due to genetic pathologies (i.e. Milroy and Meige's disease)), secondary (due to lymphatic obstruction caused by injury, tumors, severe burns, diabetes, infections, surgery, radiation therapy)
This examination has no contraindications.
This examination has no risks.
The execution of this examination does not include preparation rules.
Please bring all your medications or a list of them with doses to your appointment.
Angiology - Vascular surgery examination consists of the following phases:
- collection of patient anamnesis
- physical examination of the vascular system
Additional diagnostic tests may be required.